70+ Quotes about Church that will surprise you. Here are the best church quotes to peruse from celebrated people that will illuminate you. In the principle of the Christians, a Church is an association or community for Christian devotees.
Here is the collection of quotes about church. Don’t forget to share these inspirational church quotes with your friends and families. Also, you can share these quotes about church on your social media profiles.
And furthermore, as indicated by the English Bible, Church came from the Greek word Ekklesia, which implies a get-together of reliable people. May these short quotes on church assist you with learning the different meanings of churches coming from different people?
Each individual has different convictions and what you need to accept is your own decision to make. Offer these quotes about the church with your friends, family, and friends and family to edify them too.
Church Quotes Images
Here is the collection of church quotes images. we have converted church text quotes into beautiful church quotes images. Don’t forget to share these church quotes images with your friends and families.
1. “Baseball is like church. Many attend few understand.” ― Leo Durocher
2. “Religion is the product of organizations called churches” ―
3. “The blood of the martyrs is the seed of the church.” ― Tertullian
4. “If fishing is a religion, fly fishing is high church.” ― Tom Brokaw
5. “Where God builds a church the devil builds a chapel.” – Martin Luther
6. “The nearer the Church the further from God.” – Lancelot Andrewes
7. “My own mind is my own church.” – Thomas Paine
8. “The True A church can never fail. For it is based upon a rock.” – T.S. Eliot
9. “If we fix our churches, our nation is fixed.” ―
10. “Christians are not limited to any church.” – Billy Graham
11. “Though the church has many critics, it has no rivals.” – Anonymous
12. “We sing in a church, why can we not dance there?” – George Bernard Shaw
13. “He who is near the Church is often far from God.” – French Proverb
14. “Any God I ever felt in church I brought in with me.” – Alice Walker
15. “My mind is my own church.” – Thomas Paine
16. “The emperor is in the Church, not above the Church.” – Saint Ambrose
17. “I grew up in the church. I was raised in the church.” – Quinton Aaron
18. “All churches are an echo of this—the Cathedral of Nature.” ―
19. “A church is a hospital for sinners, not a museum for saints.” ― Pauline Phillips
20. “The churches are preaching miracles and not the gospel of the kingdom.” ―
Short Quotes about church
Here is the collection of short quotes about church. Don’t forget to share these short Church quotes with your friends and families. Also, you can share these Text church quotes in SMS or WhatsApp with your friends.
- “Our churches and pulpit are key to refocusing and redirecting our nation.” ―
- “Every day people are straying away from the church and going back to God.” ― Lenny Bruce
- “Yes, though I have nothing but gratitude for my upbringing in the church.” ― John McGahern
- “Your body is the church where Nature asks to be reverenced.” ― Marquis de Sade
- “It’s been a while since I’ve been to church, but you don’t get unborn again.” ― John Schneider
- “For where God built a church, there the Devil would also build a chapel.” ― Martin Luther
- “A good man, is a good man, whether in this church, or out of it.” ― Brigham Young
- “The church is not political power; it’s not a party, but it’s moral power.” ― Pope Benedict XVI
- “The day we find the perfect church, it becomes imperfect the moment we join it.” – Charles H. Spurgeon
- “The church is the one institution that exists for those outside it.” – William Tyndale
- “He who does not have the church as his mother, does not have God as his father.” – Augustine of Hippo
- “The Church must be intelligible to the simple as well as to the shrewd.” – Robert Hugh Benson
- “In a church of my own we’re perfect together I recognize you in the stained glass.” – Heather Nova
- “Many come to bring their clothes to church rather than themselves.” – Thomas Fuller
- “There is no one true church, no one chosen people.” – Terry Tempest Williams
Quotes about church
Here is the collection of quotes about church that will make you inspire. Don’t forget to share these inspirational quotes about church with your friends and familie. Also, you can share motivational quotes about church on your social media.
- “The day we find the perfect church, it becomes imperfect the moment we join it.” ―
- Prepare yourself, Church, to be a carrier of the Glory of God in these latter days.” ―
- “Our pulpit and churches are responsible for any kind of menace we see in our society today.” ―
- “The churches should be responsible for thefaulty value system we now see in our society.” ―
- “The church is not a gallery for the exhibition of eminent Christians, but a school for the education of imperfect ones.” – Henry Ward Beecher
- “Church attendance is as vital to a disciple as a transfusion of rich, healthy blood to a sick man.” – Dwight L. Moody
- “The church is precisely that against which Jesus preached, and against which he taught his disciples to fight.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
- “The old cathedrals are good, but the great blue dome that hangs over everything is better.” – Thomas Carlyle
- “The perfect church service would be one we were almost unaware of. Our attention would have been on God.” – C.S. Lewis
- “There is no heresy or no philosophy which is so abhorrent to the church as a human being.” – James Joyce
- “Wherever we see the Word of God purely preached and heard, there a church of God exists, even if it swarms with many faults.” – John Calvin
- “Yes, I see the Church as the body of Christ. But, oh! How we have blemished and scarred that body through social neglect and through fear of being nonconformists.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “In the Church, considered as a social organism, the mysteries inevitably degenerate into beliefs.” – Simone Weil
- “I believe there are too many practitioners in the church who are not believers.” – C.S. Lewis
- “It would be far better to be of no church than to be bitter of any.” – William Penn
- “I like the silence of a church, before the service begins better than any preaching.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “I think the church and the religion right now have a lot more to be worried about than SLAYER.” – Kerry King
- “Nearly all the evils in the Church have arisen from bishops desiring power more than light. They want authority, not outlook.” – John Ruskin
- “There is one grand, the all-comprehending church; and if I am a Christian, I belong to it, and no man can shut me out of it.” – William E. Channing
- “Church is the only place where someone speaks to me and I do not have to answer back.” – Charles de Gaulle
- “We need to avoid the spiritual sickness of a church that is wrapped up in its own world: when a church becomes like this, it grows sick.” – Pope Francis
Quotes on church
Here is the collection of quotes on church that will make you inspire. Don’t forget to share these inspirational quotes on church with your friends and families. Also, you can share motivational church quotes on social media timelines.
- “A church is a place in which gentlemen who have never been to heaven brag about it to persons who will never get there.” – H. L. Mencken
- “The style of God venerated in the church, mosque, or synagogue seems completely different from the style of the natural universe.” – Alan Watts
- “Nothing doth so much keep men out of the Church, and drive men out of the Church, as a breach of unity.” – Francis Bacon
- “You can be committed to Church but not committed to Christ, but you cannot be committed to Christ and not committed to the church.” – Joel Osteen
- “The church is so subnormal that if it ever got back to the New Testament normal it would seem to people to be abnormal.” – Vance Havner
- “The Church has always been willing to swap off treasures in heaven for cash down.” – Robert G. Ingersoll
- “The Reformation did not directly touch the question of the true character of God’s church.” – John Nelson Darby
- “The operation of the Church is entirely set up for the sinner; which creates much misunderstanding among the smug.” – Flannery O’Connor
- “A good church is a Bible-centered church. Nothing is as important as this–not a large congregation, a witty pastor, or tangible experiences of the Holy Spirit.” – Alistair Begg
- “I never weary of great churches. It is my favorite kind of mountain scenery. Mankind was never so happily inspired as when it made a cathedral.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
- “Teenagers who do not go to church are adored by God, but they don’t get to meet some of the people who love God back.” – Anne Lamott
- “The church must be forever building, for it is forever decaying within and attacked from without.” – T.S. Eliot
- “I want get across to not just the church world. I want to get outside those walls to everyday people.” – Joel Osteen
- “Clearly the person who accepts the Church as an infallible guide will believe whatever the Church teaches.” – Thomas Aquinas
- “A glorious Church is like a magnificent feast; there is all the variety that may be, but everyone chooses out a dish or two that he likes and lets the rest alone: how glorious soever the Church is, everyone chooses out of it his own religion, by which he governs himself, and lets the rest alone.” – John Selden
- “Those who would renegotiate the boundaries between church and state must therefore answer a difficult question: why would we trade a system that has served us so well for one that has served others so poorly?” – Sandra Day O’Connor
- “The root of almost every schism and heresy from which the Christian Church has suffered, has been because of the effort of men to earn, rather than receive their salvation; and the reason preaching is so commonly ineffective is, that it often calls on people to work for God rather than letting God work through
them.” – John Ruskin
- “It is one of the ironies of the ministry that the very man who works in God’s name is often hardest put to find time for God. The parents of Jesus lost Him at church and they were not the last ones to lose Him there.” – Vance Havner
What you say about these quotes about church?
What was your favorite church quote from these quotes about church? Tell us your favorite church quote in the comment box.
Don’t forget to subscribe to our website #quoteoftheday for more inspirational quotes, motivational quotes, and many other types of quotes.
Note:- If you are looking for high-quality motivational quotes images for social media then please visit our About Us page for more detail.