Theodore Roosevelt Quotes and sayings that will make you inspire. Well-known expressions and sayings by Theodore Roosevelt. Here are the best Theodore Roosevelt quotes to peruse that will doubtlessly move you. Theodore Roosevelt is a legislator, legislator, American essayist, and 26th President of the United States.
Here is the collection of more than 70 Theodore Roosevelt quotes from different websites. Don’t forget to share these Theodore Roosevelt quotes with your friends and families. Also, you can share these Theodore Roosevelt quotes on your social media profiles.
He was brought into the world in New York and an individual from the Republican Party of the US. May these quotes by Theodore Roosevelt assist you with procuring the information and astuteness that you are searching for, from one of the past incredible heads of America.
Share these quotes from Theodore Roosevelt with your companions, family, and friends and family to rouse them too.
Theodore Roosevelt Quotes with images
Here is the collection of Theodore Roosevelt quotes images. We have converted Theodore Roosevelt’s quotes into beautiful images. Don’t forget to share these Theodore quotes with images with your friends and families.
1. “Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far.” – Theodore Roosevelt
2. “Politeness is a sign of dignity, not subservience.” – Theodore Roosevelt
3. “No man is above the law, and no man is below it.” – Theodore Roosevelt
4. “Nine-tenths of wisdom consists in being wise in time.”
5. “Comparison is the thief of joy.” – Theodore Roosevelt
6. “Courtesy is as much a mark of a gentleman as courage.” – Theodore Roosevelt
7. “I put myself in the way of things happening, and they happened.” – Theodore Roosevelt
8. “Order without liberty and liberty without order are equally destructive.” – Theodore Roosevelt
9. “Get action. Seize the moment. A man was never intended to become an oyster.” – Theodore Roosevelt
10. “If you’ve got them by the balls, their hearts and minds will follow.” – Theodore Roosevelt
11. “When you play, play hard; when you work, don’t play at all.” – Theodore Roosevelt
12. “No man should receive a dollar unless that dollar has been fairly earned.” – Theodore Roosevelt
13. “Don’t hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting, but never hit soft.” – Theodore Roosevelt
14. “Complaining about a problem without posing a solution is called whining.” – Theodore Roosevelt
15. “A thorough knowledge of the Bible is worth more than a college education.” – Theodore Roosevelt
16. “Aggressive fighting for the right is the noblest sport the world affords.” – Theodore Roosevelt
17. “For those who fight for it life has a flavor the sheltered will never know.” – Theodore Roosevelt
18. “The most important single ingredient in the formula of success is knowing how to get along with people.” – Theodore Roosevelt
19. “It is true of the Nation, as of the individual, that the greatest doer must also be a great dreamer.” – Theodore Roosevelt
20. “There can be no life without change, and to be afraid of what is different or unfamiliar is to be afraid of life.” – Theodore Roosevelt
Theodore Roosevelt Quotes
Here is the collection of Theodore Roosevelt quotes. Don’t forget to share these Theodore Roosevelt quotes with your friends and families. Also, you can share these Theodore Roosevelt quotes on your social media profiles.
- “It may be true that he travels farthest who travels alone, but the goal thus reached is not worth reaching.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing. The worst thing you can do is
nothing.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “Courage is not having the strength to go on; it is going on when you don’t have the strength.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “No man is worth his salt who is not ready at all times to risk his well-being, to risk his body, to risk his
life, in a great cause.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “Never throughout history has a man who lived a life of ease left a name worth remembering.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “A man who has never gone to school may steal a freight car; but if he has a university education, he
may steal the whole railroad.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars, but remember to keep your
feet on the ground.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than
to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “The best executive is the one who has sense enough to pick good men to do what he wants to be done, and self-restraint to keep from meddling with them while they do it.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “The boy who is going to make a great man must not make up his mind merely to overcome a thousand obstacles, but to win in spite of a thousand repulses and defeats.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “Character, in the long run, is the decisive factor in the life of an individual and of nations alike.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “There is not a man of us who does not at times need a helping hand to be stretched out to him, and then shame upon him who will not stretch out the helping hand to his brother.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “Wide differences of opinion in matters of religious, political, and social belief must exist if conscience and intellect alike are not to be stunted if there is to be room for healthy growth.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “It is not often that a man can make opportunities for himself. But he can put himself in such shape that
when or if the opportunities come he is ready.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “I don’t pity any man who does hard work worth doing. I admire him. I pity the creature who does not work, at whichever end of the social scale he may regard himself as being.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “Probably the greatest harm done by vast wealth is the harm that we of moderate means do ourselves when we let the vices of envy and hatred enter deep into our own natures.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “I am a strong individualist by personal habit, inheritance, and conviction; but it is a mere matter of common sense to recognize that the State, the community, the citizens acting together, can do a number of things better than if they were left to individual action.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “It tires me to talk to rich men. You expect a man of millions, the head of a great industry, to be a man worth hearing; but as a rule they don’t know anything outside their own business.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “People ask the difference between a leader and a boss. The leader works in the open, and the boss in covert. The leader leads, and the boss drives.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn’t sit for a month.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “There is quite enough sorrow and shame and suffering and baseness in real life, and there is no need for
meeting it unnecessarily in fiction.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “Although not a very old man, I have yet lived a great deal in my life, and I have known sorrow too bitter
and joy too keen to allow me to become either cast down or elated for more than a very brief period over any success or defeat.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “We should not forget that it will be just as important to our descendants to be prosperous in their time as
it is to us to be prosperous in our time.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “Only those are fit to live who do not fear to die; and none are fit to die who have shrunk from the joy of
life and the duty of life. Both life and death are parts of the same great adventure.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “It behooves every man to remember that the work of the critic is of altogether secondary importance, and
that in the end, progress is accomplished by the man who does things.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “It is only through labour and painful effort, by grim energy and resolute courage that we move on to better things.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “There is not one among us in whom a devil does not dwell; at some time, on some point, that devil masters each of us… It is not having been in the Dark House, but having left it, that counts.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “No ability, no strength and force, no power of intellect or power of wealth, shall avail us, if we have not
the root of right living in us.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life; I have envied a great many people
who led difficult lives and led them well.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “For us is the life of action, of strenuous performance of duty; let us live in the harness, striving mightily; let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” – Theodore Roosevelt
Theodore Roosevelt quotes on leadership and Success
Here is the collection of Theodore Roosevelt’s quotes on Leadership and success. Don’t forget to share these Theodore Roosevelt quotes on leadership with your friends and families. This Theodore Roosevelt quotes on the success that will help you to become successful.
- “It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.”
- “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.”
- “Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.”
- “When you play, play hard; when you work, don’t play at all.”
- “Don’t hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting, but never hit soft!”
- “A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.”
- “Whenever you are asked if you can do a job, tell ’em, ‘Certainly I can!’ Then get busy and find out how to do it.”
- “Never throughout history has a man who lived a life of ease left a name worth remembering.”
- “A man who has never gone to school may steal a freight car; but if he has a university education, he may steal the whole railroad.”
- “No man needs sympathy because he has to work, because he has a burden to carry. Far and away the best prize that life offers is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.”
- “The best executive is the one who has sense enough to pick good men to do what he wants done, and self-restraint to keep from meddling with them while they do it.”
- “When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer ‘Present’ or ‘Not Guilty’.”
- “I don’t always get shot during the middle of a speech, But when I do, I finish the damn speech.”
- “Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.” –
- “I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man.”
- “No one cares how much you know until they know how much you care.”
- “There were all kinds of things I was afraid of at first, ranging from grizzly bears to ‘mean’ horses and gun-fighters; but by acting as if I was not afraid I gradually ceased to be afraid.”
- “Courage is not having the strength to go on; it is going on when you don’t have the strength.”
- “I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life; I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well.”
- “Far and away from the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.”
- “If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn’t sit for a month.”
- “The only man who never makes mistakes is the man who never does anything.”
- “When you’re at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on”
In spite of the fact that he began submissively, Theodore Roosevelt stays perhaps the best chief in American history. Viewed by numerous individuals as perhaps the best leader of the U.S., he built up the height and
impact of the chief office.
The Rough Rider is well known on the two sides of the political walkway and is additionally celebrated as a wild fighter and the initial architect of preservation.
Roosevelt was enthusiastic about self-creation and administration, and we would all be able to take in something from his astuteness; regardless of whether you’re in government, business, or in some other position. Ideally, these Theodore Roosevelt quotes will move you to be a savvy chief regardless of
what circumstance you’re in.
If you have any other Theodore Roosevelt quotes share them with us in the comment box.
Don’t forget to subscribe to our website #quoteoftheday for more motivational and inspirational quotes.
Note: – if you are looking your own high-quality motivational quotes images then please visit our website About Us page for more detail.