Plato quotes on truth, democracy, politics, leadership, and love that will make you inspire
Plato quotes on truth, democracy, politics, leadership, and love that will make you motivated. Well-known quotes and sayings by Plato. Here are the best Plato quotes and sayings to peruse that will inspire you by his convictions and standards.
Here is the collection of more than 60 Plato quotes. Don’t forget to share these quotes about Plato with your friends and families. Also, you can share these Plato quotes on truth, democracy, politics, leadership, and love on your social media timelines.
Plato is the organizer of the Platonist way of thinking and an incredible Athenian rationalist during Ancient Greece traditional period.
May these inspirational Plato quotes give you knowledge and wisdom that can help you in your life’s excursion? Offer these renowned Plato quotes with your family, and friends, and family to inspire them also.
Plato quotes with Images
We have converted Plato’s quotes into beautiful images. Don’t forget to share these Plato quotes images with your friends and families. Also, you can share these Plato quotes with images on your social media timelines.
1. “Love is a serious mental disease.” – Plato
2. “The first and best victory is to conquer self.” – Plato
3. “Those who tell the stories rule society.” – Plato
4. “The measure of a man is what he does with power.” – Plato
5. “Honesty is for the most part less profitable than dishonesty.” – Plato
6. “All learning has an emotional base.” – Plato
7. “Those who don’t know must learn from those who do.” – Plato
8. “No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.” – Plato
9. “Time is the moving image of reality.” – Plato
10. “Ideas are the source of all things.” – Plato
11. “Everything that deceives may be said to enchant.” – Plato
12. “Knowledge is the food of the soul.” – Plato
13. “No human thing is of serious importance.” – Plato
14. “Man is a being in search of meaning.” – Plato
15. “True friendship can exist only between equals.” – Plato
Here is the collection of Plato’s quotes. Don’t forget to share these motivational Plato quotes with your friends and families. Also, you can share these Inspirational Plato quotes on your social media timelines.
- “At a touch of love, everyone becomes a poet.” – Plato
- “No wealth can ever make a bad man at peace with himself.” – Plato
- “Lack of activity destroys the good condition of every the human being.” – Plato
- “Knowledge becomes evil if the aim is not virtuous.” – Plato
- “When men speak ill of thee, live so as nobody may believe them.” – Plato
- “I’m trying to think, don’t confuse me with facts.” – Plato
- “Ignorance, the root and stem of every evil.” – Plato
- “Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder.” – Plato
- “Education is teaching our children to desire the right things.” – Plato
- “Character is simply habited long continued.” – Plato
- “The madness of love is the greatest of heaven’s blessings.” – Plato
- “Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle.” – Plato
- “You should not honor men more than truth.” – Plato
- “The object of education is to teach us to love what is beautiful.” – Plato
- “The beginning is the most important part of the work.” – Plato
- “Necessity is the mother of invention.” – Plato
- “Courage is knowing what not to fear.” – Plato
- “Death is not the worst that can happen to men.” – Plato
- “The greatest wealth is to live content with little.” – Plato
- “Good actions give strength to ourselves and inspire good actions in others.” – Plato
- “There are three classes of men; lovers of wisdom, lovers of honor, and lovers of gain.” – Plato
- “No man should bring children into the world who is unwilling to persevere to the end in their nature and education.” – Plato
- “Human behavior flows from three main sources: desire, emotion, and knowledge.” – PlatoAdvertisement
- “Love is the name for our pursuit of wholeness, for our desire to be complete.” – Plato
- “Bodily exercise, when compulsory, does no harm to the body; but knowledge which is acquired under compulsion obtains no hold on the mind.” – Plato
- “Any man may easily do harm, but not every man can do good to another.” – Plato
- “Never discourage anyone… who continually makes progress, no matter how slow.” – Plato
- “A hero is born among a hundred, a wise man is found among a thousand, but an accomplished one might not be found even among a hundred thousand men.” – Plato
- “Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws.” – Plato
- “People are like dirt. They can either nourish you and help you grow as a person or they can stunt your growth and make you wilt and die.” – Plato
- “I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing.” – Plato
- “The heaviest penalty for declining to rule is to be ruled by someone inferior to yourself.” – Plato
- “Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.” – Plato
- “The soul takes flight to the world that is invisible but there arriving she is sure of bliss and forever dwells in paradise.” – Plato
- “An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.” – Plato
- “False words are not only evil in themselves, but they infect the soul with evil.” – Plato
- “Beauty of style and harmony and
grace and good rhythm depend on simplicity.” – Plato
- “The difficulty, my friends, is not in avoiding death, but in avoiding unrighteousness; for that runs faster than death.” – Plato
- “The direction in which education starts a man will determine his future life.” – Plato
- “How could they see anything but the shadows if they were never allowed to move their heads?” – Plato
- “Love is born into every human being; it calls back the halves of our original nature together; it tries to
make one out of two and heal the wound of human nature.” – Plato
- “Money-makers are a tiresome company, as they have no standard but cash value.” – Plato
- “Astronomy compels the soul to look upwards and leads us from this world to another.” – Plato
- “To conquer oneself is the best and noblest victory; to be vanquished by one’s own nature is the worst and most ignoble defeat.” – Plato
- “Come then, and let us pass a leisure hour in storytelling, and our story shall be the education of our heroes.” – Plato
- “The man deserved his fate, deny it who can; yes, but the fate did not deserve the man.” – Plato
- “If it were necessary either to do wrong or to suffer it, I should choose to suffer rather than do it.” – Plato
- ”Love is a madness produced by an unsatisfiable rational desire to
understand the ultimate truth about the world.” – Plato
- “No matter how hard you fight the darkness, every light casts a shadow, and the closer you get to the light, the darker than shadow becomes.” – Plato
- “Books give a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything.” – Plato
What was your favorite Plato quote from the about Plato quotes?
Plato was an Athenian scholar who was an understudy of Socrates and the instructor of Aristotle. With plenty of interests and thoughts from science to political hypothesis, his impact on the way of thinking and the idea of people have spread all over the centuries.
If you have any other Plato quotes please share them with us in the comment box. Don’t forget to visit your website #quoteoftheday for more inspirational quotes.
If you have any valuable suggestions about Plato quotes tell us in the comment box.